Tuesday 15 April 2014

Rabbit Hole : Two Day Placement

I was interviewed by Rabbit Hole a few months ago for a junior designer position down at their studio at Duke Studios. However it took months for them to get back to me. I am not quite sure the reasons behind this but it was great to be given the opportunity to work in the studio for a couple of days after Easter.

In my initial interview I mentioned that I enjoyed the monthly The City Talking newspaper that Rabbit Hole design. During the first week of Easter during the Dialogue exhibition I ran into one of the designers. We talked about how they were still looking for a junior and would I be interested in helping out with the newspaper. I took up the offer and arranged some dates. 

I spent two days at Rabbit Hole working on the May issue of The City Talking. It was a fun experience as everyone was super friendly. Tim, the head designer at the end of the couple of days, offered me a paid internship after my degree which could possibly lead on to a job. However he made it clear that the ball was now in my court and it was up to me to come back to them. 

Here is the latest issue of The City Talking that I worked on.



  

















Duke Studios

Here are a few quick snaps of Duke Studios, where Rabbit Hole are based. Each studio is made out of cardboard, which gives it an open and shared environment. You can also rent a bench and work on the bean bags in the decking and fake grass area. 





















0 comments:

Post a Comment